Sandra Cano has received the PhD from the University of Cauca, Colombia in September 26 – 2016. She received her degree in Doctor in Electronic Sciences from the same University in December 2016, working in hearing impaired, titled Methodology for designing serious games for children with cochlear implant “Metodología para el diseño de juegos serious para niños con implante coclear”. However, she worked with children with cochlear implants and children whose communication is sign language. Creating a methodology called MECONESIS (MEtodología para la CONcepción de juEgos Serious para nIñoS con discapacidad auditiva).
She has been working in university educational issues in the Superior School of engineering in Multimedia program, University of San Buenaventura Cali, from 2015/06 to 2019. Now she is teacher in the engineering school at Pontificia Universidad Católica Valparaiso, Chile.
For twelve years, she worked in a private enterprise as webmaster, analyst, web developer and web and mobile developer and consultant. She has participated in I+D+i projects national and international.
Nowadays, she works with children with disabilities in how design interactive systems adapted to theirs needs. Therefore, she researches in Human-Computer Interaction in themes related with User eXperience, Child-Centered Design integrating a multidisciplinary team, as: teachers, psychologist, therapist, developer, among others.
Research Field: Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)
She is working in topics, as: Child-Computer Interaction, Cognition in HCI, Information Technology Education, affective computing
Also, she has a youtube channel of educational robotic.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Atlas Award with the article “Digital Transformation to support literacy teaching to deaf children: from storytelling to digital interactive storytelling” [https://www.elsevier.com/connect/atlas/a-digital-storytelling-app-for-the-deaf] , 26 – sept 2019
- Award in Research “Guillermo de Ockham” 2019-2, in the category award of product with the great social impact, 26- sept 2019
Research stays (Post-doctoral)
- 2017: Université d’Illes Balears. Working Designing Interactive Experiences for People with Special Needs . (Spain)
- 2018: Universidad de Zaragoza – Teruel. Working in Analysis of Emotions in Physiological Signals in Thinking Computational. (Spain)
- 2019: Universidad Autónoma de Manizales with Research Group in Neuro-Learning. Working in the Study of EEG signals with ERP, Eye-Tracker and Cognitive-Emotional Processes. Neurophysiology Laboratory. (Colombia)