Sandra Cano is an electronic engineer and has completed a master’s degree in computer engineering. Also, she has received the PhD from the University of Cauca, Colombia in 2016. She received her degree in Doctor in Electronic Sciences from the same University in December 2016, working in hearing impaired, titled Methodology for designing serious games for children with cochlear implant “Metodología para el diseño de juegos serious para niños con implante coclear”. However, she worked with children with cochlear implants and children whose communication is sign language, where she developed a methodology for designing serious games for deaf children.
She has been working in university educational issues in the Superior School of engineering in Multimedia program, University of San Buenaventura Cali, from 2015/06 to 2019. Now she is teacher in the school of computer engineering at Pontificia Universidad Católica Valparaiso, Chile.
- Diploma in mental health and psychiatry (Studying) – Universidad Autónoma de Chile
- Diploma in training in play and creativity for early childhood early childhood- Universidad San Buenaventura de Cali (Colombia)
For twelve years, she worked in a private enterprise as webmaster, analyst, web developer and web and mobile developer and consultant. She has participated in I+D+i projects national and international.
Research Fields: Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human- Robot Interaction (HRI) and Emotions.
Also, she has a youtube channel of educational robotics.
Actually she is studying computational models of emotions, which can help in the interaction between child and robot, especially children with special needs.
Contact: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
My publications are here Google Scholar
My Profile in researchgate.net
- Atlas Award with the article “Digital Transformation to support literacy teaching to deaf children: from storytelling to digital interactive storytelling” [https://www.elsevier.com/connect/atlas/a-digital-storytelling-app-for-the-deaf] , 26 – sept 2019
- Award in Research “Guillermo de Ockham” 2019-2, in the category award of product with the great social impact, 26- sept 2019
Research stays (Post-doctoral)
- 2017: Université d’Illes Balears. Working Designing Interactive Experiences for People with Special Needs . (Spain)
- 2018: Universidad de Zaragoza – Teruel. Working in Analysis of Emotions in Physiological Signals in Thinking Computational. (Spain)
- 2019: Universidad Autónoma de Manizales with Research Group in Neuro-Learning. Working in the Study of EEG signals with ERP, Eye-Tracker and Cognitive-Emotional Processes. Neurophysiology Laboratory. (Colombia)
Educational Robotic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvfjcOCa78U
Affective computing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=614&v=-Y7YxDd-GDQ&feature=youtu.be
Some courses assigned.